Kentucky Employers’ Mutual Insurance (KEMI) is the leading provider of workers’ compensation insurance in Kentucky, providing coverage to more than 20,000 policyholders in all 120 counties of the state.
KEMI is a mutual insurance company owned by its policyholders. We are financed entirely by premium dollars and investment income. All workers’ compensation insurance companies in Kentucky, including KEMI, are regulated by the Department of Insurance and the Department of Workers’ Claims.
KEMI employees provide exceptional underwriting, safety education and claims services to our policyholders. These principles, combined with our competitive pricing, responsible financial management and focus on innovation, make KEMI the provider of choice for Kentucky businesses. As a stable and competitive source of workers’ compensation insurance, KEMI contributes to Kentucky’s economic development efforts.
KEMI has maintained an “Excellent” rating from A.M. Best since 2001.
Our mission is to protect our policyholders, promote safer workplaces, provide superior customer service, and preserve our financial stability.
Our vision is to lead the workers’ compensation industry and be the carrier of choice for Kentucky businesses.
- Strategic Focus
- Clear Communication
- Personal & Team Accountability
As members of the KEMI team we will:
- Reflect integrity and ethics in all that we do.
- Provide prompt and responsive service to meet the needs of all of our customers.
- Apply sound underwriting discipline when evaluating policyholder risk.
- Listen to our injured workers and treat them with respect.
- Promote workplace safety and provide resources aimed at reducing injuries and illnesses on the job.
- Employ innovation to streamline processes.