- Signed copy of contract detailing independent contractor relationship or copy of bid/proposal for jobs completed by contractor.
- All invoices for material and labor used during the policy period between insured and the contractor.
- Valid General Liability certificate of insurance (covering at least 6 months of policy period of insured).
- Signed affidavit regarding employees, contract labor, casual labor, or subcontractors used for any of the work performed for the insured.
– Independent Contractor Affidavit | Independent Contractor Affidavit (Spanish)
To be excluded from coverage, all information above must be received during the premium audit process and must disprove an employee relationship.
KEMI reserves the right to charge for labor on a contractor, despite having all required information, based on additional information received during the policy period or at final audit.
Please note that KEMI will no longer utilize the Independent Contractor Questionnaire (ICQ) for new or renewal policies.
If you have questions about this change, please feel free to contact us.