Important Notice Regarding Coverage
for Kentucky School Boards
KEMI will begin accepting submissions for school boards on March 1, 2017 for policies with effective dates of July 1, 2017.
Agent of Record
The agency providing the first complete submission as noted below will be recognized as the Agent of Record. The Agent of Record will receive the only quote from KEMI unless KEMI receives an Agent of Record letter signed by the school superintendent.
The incumbent agent will be recognized as the Agent of Record and will receive the only quote from KEMI unless KEMI receives an Agent of Record letter signed by the school superintendent.
In order to be considered a complete submission, the following information must be received:
Fully completed Acord 130 application
Minimum of 5 years currently valued Loss Runs. “Currently valued” means loss runs are valued within 30 days of the date the application is submitted to KEMI
Last 3 completed payroll audits (if any of those terms were previously self-insured or insured by a group self-insurance fund in the last four years)
Net of Commission Requests
KEMI will not provide any quotes, renewal or new business, net of commission. Please remember that KEMI does not have a contractual relationship with any agency, and therefore, agents do not have binding authority or the authority to provide a quote independent of KEMI. Only KEMI has the authority to issue quotes and to bind coverage. Any quote not produced by KEMI is invalid, will not be honored by KEMI and should be rescinded immediately.
New Online Tools Available for Agents and Policyholders
KEMI now offers policyholders the ability to access our brand new Claims Detail Dashboard (see a video preview here)! With the new dashboard, you can:
- See a visual depiction of claims activity by year
- Customize the data to show specific years, types of losses, and claims statuses
- Organize data and identify trends
- Export reports to PDF or Excel
Access Improved Loss Runs
- Users can request loss runs for a specific policy period or group of policy periods
- Users can customize based on claim status
- Reports can be easily exported to PDF or Excel
Receive Claims and Policy Email Alerts
- Users can choose to be notified via email when specific claims and policy triggers are activated
- Alerts are customizable to specific user needs and can be edited easily
- Alerts are sent within one business day of the trigger
- The alert email contains a direct email link to the assigned underwriter and/or claims examiner associated with the alert
Click here to learn how to activate these new features.